What's new

Pandora, LiveXLive, and others - fine tuning not working (1 Viewer)

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Hi:

I am looking for tips to fine tune my streaming playlists/stations on any of these services. I have tried thumbs up/thumbs down or it's many variations with no success.

I am wishing I could access their criteria myself. The thumbs up/thumbs down criteria feels like a big game of twenty questions in trying to tell it what songs I want.

Here is my personal preference:
For my party mix I start with good old fashioned rock and roll. Any band from Van Halen to Theory of a Deadman. NExt I want to screen it by;
1) No ballads - ever
2) No 'live' versions - ever (especially when the artist 'talks the song in' - groan!)
3) I dislike 90% of songs with harmonica
4) I dislike 99% of songs with flute
5) If the song lyrics complain or whine about anything I probably don't like it.

That's it. That screen would eliminate 85% of the music I don't want to hear, yet I have been unable to get there even after a profound amount of 'thumbing'. I have a LiveXLive station which comes close, but sadly RXR only to be pulls their playlist from about five artists.

Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks