What's new

panasonics dmre 85 h dvd recorder (1 Viewer)

Daniel Bro

Grip
Hi I am a newbie to the forum also not to advanced on electronics so bear with me ,I just bought a panasonic dmr e85h and I am still trying to understand all of the features I finally managed to copy a soap for my wife my problem is trying to finalize the disc and reading the manual is not really doing anything for me as I am not getting anything to come up on my tv screen re instructions to finalize can anyone help me in laymans terms giving me a step by step rundown ,thank you danny b a confused SCOTSMAN.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Hi. I had the same problem until I read the manual.

1. With the 85E on, press the "DVD" button.

2. Hit the "Function" button. On this screen, navigate down to "Disc Setting"

3. Select "Finalize". It'll take about two minutes to finalize the disc. Then you're all set.

Daniel Bro

Grip
Thank you Steve now I can start to really enjoy my recorder and let my wife watch her soaps on her own tv you made my day ,Danny b

cliff p

Auditioning
the e85 has quickly become the single most practical component in my ht. once you learn your way around, you'll wonder how u ever got along without it. if you have any other questions, feel free to post.

Daniel Bro

Grip
Thanks Cliff I am really new to the dvd recording business actually I am truthfully a rookie trying to get as much information from the forums that I can without having to go to the manual as it can be a bit confusing to a novice I am gradually getting to know how to operate the system I have one more problem and I feel like a jerk having to mention it but as I cant read lips I have to mention my problem I finally got the hang of downloading a movie to the hard drive and I dont know if I did something during the setup process but when I went to play the movie I had no audio can you help me ,thank you Danny B

Daniel Bro

Grip
Hi Steve thankyou for your reply to my problem I think I probably set up to record to the hard drive the wrong way as I have a little bit of a problem understanding the manual I wonder if it is too much to ask you if you could give me a setup rundown for setting up to record a movie etc in laymans terms I really just want to watch recorded programs from my hd right now I will get into the recording to disc after I gain some experience with the unit if you could do this for me I would be very grateful ,thank you ,Danny B

Daniel Bro

Grip
To anyone that might interested in my audio and setup questions in my last post I would apprsciate some kind of answer ,I GUESS i am not savvy enough in all the technical jargon that most of you guys are but is it not common courtesy to at least answer someone who admits to being a complete novice to the dvd recorder system as we all have to learn sometime,Danny B

Daniel Bro

Grip
can anyone help me I am having a problem getting my tv guide listings it worked ok for a couple of weeks except for the fact that after eight days I had no listings on it for about one day now ihas had a no listings list for the last four days I tried a reboot it did not help can anybody help me .Danny B

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Wow, this unit is great. I just finalized my first dvd-r (recorded Mogambo off of TCM). I edited it and put in chapter stops but the weird thing is is that once the dvd-r was created, it put in random stops instead of the ones I told it to. Has anyone else experienced this? Any help would be appreciated.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
I don't think you can create your own chapters on DVD-Rs only on DVD-RAMs.

I don't have a Panny HDD model but on my E55 I can't create chapters on DVD-Rs but they are automatically created at about every 5 minutes when I finalize the disc.

For "ALL KINDS OF INFO" though on DVD Recorders, especially Panasonic & Pioneer go to www.avsforum.com where there are plenty of people who can answer any questions you might have.

For some reason the HTF never seemed to get into DVD Recorders in a big way?

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Thanks Bill for the info. It's not a big deal anyway. I was actually looking for a feature that would equally space chapters out but since I couldn't find any, I did it manually. Interesting that you can do it on DVD-RAM though and also on the HDD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks