Panasonic XP50

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by TomH, May 20, 2003.

1. TomH

TomH Second Unit

For those looking for the Panasonic DVD-XP50.

Buy.com is selling the SFX1050S bundle for $249.00 AR.

This includes the XP50 and the matching 5X100 receiver.

2. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Tom,

Thanks for the heads-up. I am looking for a DVD-Audio player for my second stereo system, and the 'XP50 has interested me. I've been disappointed by the fact that Panasonic quickly discontinued the player and has not replaced it. Buy.com has a great deal going there, though I have no use for the receiver.

Lance,

I never knew that Crutchfield had an Archive section on its web site. Interesting.

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Tom, in your post, I assume that "AR" means "after rebate". Is there a $130 rebate available from Panasonic? Do you have to go to Panasonic's web site for the rebate form?

5. TomH

TomH Second Unit

6. Jim A. Banville

Jim A. Banville Supporting Actor

Isn't shipping $50?

7. David_D

David_D Stunt Coordinator

Can anybody enlighten me on "this" receiver. Any experience here? I'm considering this package for a bedroom system.

8. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Tom, thanks. It looks like I was too late. I just clicked on your link (on Wednesday morning), and got the following message:

9. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Jim, I just went to buy.com and added the Panasonic bundle to my shopping cart just to check out shipping charges. "Budget" shipping (14-21 days) is free, "Standard" shipping (7-10 days) is $54.65, "Second Day" shipping is $68.96, and "Next Day" shipping is $119.45. [​IMG] This is ridiculous! First of all, I can't remember ever being quoted a shipping time of 2-3 weeks on an in-stock item from any mail-order dealer. One would think it's coming from Australia to the US by boat. Secondly, I have never seen shipping charges for the other methods that are so high. $54.65 to get the time in a week to ten days??? I can't see ever buying a big-ticket item from buy.com. Forget it!

10. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Upon giving buy.com's shipping quotes further thought, they must have embellished the shipping times in hopes that you are impatient and will go for one of the ridiculously priced options. I really question whether "Budget" shipping is going to take 14-21 days. I bet you would get the item faster.

11. TomH

TomH Second Unit

Thats odd on the shipping.
    Mine was $25.00 which is still a bit high.

They had the same offer last weekend so it will probably be back.

Its $50.00 less than Good Guys.

Tom

12. Jon Shea

Jon Shea Auditioning

Has anyone sent in their rebate forms for this? I have had problems in the past when requesting rebates for online purchases. Did you just print out your receipt from teh website, or did you send a packing slip or something from the shipment?

BTW - the $299.95 price is in effect now at buy.com, and the $50 rebate expires tomorrow.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...122515&loc=111

and you can get a $10 buy.com coupon if you google search for "buy.com" coupon

[​IMG] jon