1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Panasonic XP30 Picture Mode settings...

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by ChrisYK, Feb 29, 2004.

1. ChrisYK

ChrisYK Stunt Coordinator

Just curious as to whether owners of the XP30 use the Picture Mode settings (cinema/concert/user mode) or just leave it at "normal."

If you use the user settings, what are your personal settings that you like to use?

2. Don_Berg

Don_Berg Supporting Actor

I found the best is "NORMAL" the others can create artifacts, its best to use your TV's adjustements instead.

3. ChrisYK

ChrisYK Stunt Coordinator

That's what my hunch was...
    I'm expecting my XP30 tomorrow, but had been doing some reading of the manual.

Don, any specific suggestions for setting up the XP30 or is it pretty much plug-and-play? I've been hyping it up so much in my mind that I'm almost afraid I'll be disappointed (though i imagine I most likely won't be disappointed as I'll be going from interlaced/S-video to pro-scan/component cable).

4. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

Use the Normal mode like Don said and Auto 1 for deinterlacing. You must enable Progressive scan output in two different places. First, in the players setup menu, and you must also set it in the "display" menu. To do so, using the "display" button on the remote, push it three times. This will get you to a screen where you can set to 480p, which will then let you set the deinterlacing mode to Auto 1. Hope you like the XP30, it's a great player.

5. Don_Berg

In the settings menu for the XP30, I recommend setting Progressive Out to enable, black level to darker, DTS to bitstream, On-Screen messages off. Under the Picture Menu, select N, 480p, Auto1 and adjust horizontal position to center the image using a test pattern like from an AVIA DVD.

6. MattWel

MattWel Stunt Coordinator

I have a XP30 and the latest version of Digital Video Essentials. Is there a specific test for the Horizontal Position? I have a little trouble navigating the menu. I basically just use it for the Contrast,Brightness, Sharpness,etc.

7. Don_Berg

Look for an overscan or similar test pattern for centering check.