What's new

Panasonic XP-30 and CD-RWs made with Direct CD (1 Viewer)

Brian Alan

Agent
I have been very happy with my Panasonic XP-30, particularly because it plays the CD-Rs that I have burned over the last few years. It's supposed to play MP3s on CD-RWs as well, and I was excited about that capability. However, when I insert CD-RWs created with Adaptec/Roxio Direct CD, the player won't recognize them. Does the XP-30 not like the Direct CD formatting? How do other people handle this?

Brian

Cary_H

Second Unit
I trust you that it is CD-RW compatible.
Any chance your disc isn't closed? I have no experience with RWs, but I believe they're like CD-Rs. They'll only play in the source drive until closed.

Chuck Watwood

Stunt Coordinator
I have had trouble with Roxio Direct CD also. I copied some JPEG files onto a disc using it and handed them out to friends. They can't read them on their computers? I have this same problem with CD-RW's and CD-R's. I can read the images from these discs on my computer. I am thinking of deleting the Roxio software and going with a different brand of software. Any suggestions? I also would love an answer for why nobody else can read the Direct CD disc? The Roxio software came standard on my Toshiba Pentium 4 laptop.

Parisis

Agent
Direct CD is an adaptec program for dragging and dropping files on an individual PC. My understanding is that these disks can only be read by the machine or another with Direct CD installed. Use the regular Adaptec EZCd Creator Program to burn your MP'3 's. Better uet get NERO. There are lots of good sites for the correct way to burn Mp3's. Do a google search. Also if you don't have one look into a car deck. I purchased a Kenwood deck a few months ago from Crutchfield and it's the way to go in a car.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks