Panasonic TVs

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Bill Tebbe, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Bill Tebbe

Bill Tebbe Auditioning

Here is my dilemma (granted, a good dilemma to have): I have an opportunity to buy any Panasonic television I want at "cost." I have not yet seen a price sheet but let's say for the sake of argument that we are talking 40-50% off retail. My budget is $2,000, or less (after discount) for an effective street budget of approximately $4,000.

My question: What do I buy?

I am using an OLD 45" Mitsubishi as my display device and admit to not having much direct experience with any Panasonic products. I have not seen much discussion of Panasonic TVs here either, except one or two posts that seemed to regard them as "cost effective alternatives" to what someone really wanted. I admit that I was leaning toward a Toshiba before this offer dropped into my lap. It would be used mostly for watching movies and HDTV broadcasts so I am definitely leaning toward a 16:9.

All advice and recommendations would be very much appreciated.

2. David Parrish

David Parrish Stunt Coordinator

Bill,

Welcome to HTF[​IMG] The question you are posing is quite a bit simpler than the questions that usually get fielded here; hence your overall lack of responses so far.

I'd recommend doing a google search on Hi Def Panny's then asking some more specific questions after you've researched what is out there.

To get you started, here's a Panny LCD TV with built in ATSC tuner:

http://www.plasmabay.com/Plasma/Prod...ku_Y_PT50LCX63

Good luck!

3. Bob Graz

Bob Graz Supporting Actor

If I could buy a Panasonic RPTV at cost I would buy either the 50 in or 60 in LCD rear projection.

4. Alex_Longoria

Alex_Longoria Auditioning

Ihave the Panasonic PT47wx49 it's 49 inches RPTV it's HDTV i like it very much it was not expensive, i enjoy watching dvds there on 480p and they look great, i don't have HDTV signal yet, but i think will be great too.

5. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

I would also go with the Panasonic LCD RPTV & the screen size would be as big as I could aford. [​IMG] especially if I was getting one at cost. [​IMG]