What's new

Panasonic TVs: Any Info/Reviews? (1 Viewer)

RyanQ

Grip
I'm in the market to buy an RP HDTV, and was fluctuating b/w buying a DLP, HD-ILA, and LCD.

After reading various threads in this forum, it looks like I'm going to stay clear of the HD-ILA product, as it seems to have many bulb issues.

That leaves me with the choice between DLP and LCD. I've been overloaded with so much information, pros and cons of both, that I really am more confused than I was when I started.

My company has a partnership with Panasonic, and I can get the following deals:

61" RP LCD: PT-61LCX65 - $2175
52 " RP LCD: PT-52LCX65 - $1775
61" DLP: PT-61DLX75 - $2550
56: DLP: PT-56DLX75 - $2175

Has anyone heard any pros/cons about these TVs?

FYI...the distance from TV to couch is about 11 feet.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Some SDE up close, but I really like the Panasonic 61" RP LCD's. I installed two of them this year as a matter of fact.

Just over $2K for an LCD RP??? I'd say go for it. I have seen sale prices come close to that pricing as well at CC a couple of times.

RyanQ

Grip
Thanks, John.

Do you think I'd experience SDE if the normal viewing distance is 10.5 ft. away?

John S

Senior HTF Member
Not at all ar 10.5'.....

Panasonic has some great color engines on their displays. That is probably what makes the display as good as I think it is in all honesty.

I found it user calibratable to near perfection. Which is cool, no service menu tweeks needed or at least minimal service menu tweeks at worst.

RyanQ

Grip
Thanks for the info, John.

Just concerned b/c I haven't found a lot of Panasonic reviews, and everyone seems to talk about Samsung, Toshiba, Mitsu, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks