What's new

Panasonic TV Apps thru HT (1 Viewer)

WeaserP

Agent
Real Name
Bill
Hi all! Long time lurker here (LOVE the site!) but first time poster looking for some setup help. I have a "Net ready" tv (Panasonic TC-P50G20) that has treated me well for the last few years and a new receiver, also 'Net capable (Yamaha RX-A740). Both are networked through my home wi-fi. Most everything works great too. Here's my question to the Board...

If I play a movie on my tv (through my Blu-Ray or pay channel), the surround sound is great. However, if I go out to the Net through my TV (Viera) and play something (i.e. Netflix, Pandora etc.), I need to close down my receiver and run it through my TV speakers which, as I'm sure you're all aware or can imagine, are just terrible. So, beyond my HDMI line from the tv to the receiver, what am I missing to run the tv apps through my home theater setup?

Any assistance would be enormously appreciated! Thanks all!

WeaserP

Agent
Real Name
Bill
Ugghhh...If I'm reading that correctly ("LOCKED inside"), you're saying it's not possible. Well, THAT's not what I was looking for! lol I was hoping tit was going to run through bluetooth or something along that line but, as mentioned, it was just a "hope".

Thank you for the quick response just the same, Sam!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.