What's new

Panasonic TH-42PWD7UY Audio Out? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellTodd

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if it is possible to get an audio out(L/R)slot installed on this model. I don't really need the speakers but I have to run my audio from the cable box thru the TV then to the A/V reciever. This way the audio level(loudness) is adjusted by volume on the TV and not the A/V receiver. I have to have this because of the MOXI remote I have to use from my cable company. I have learning remote but it is too difficult to program all the functions of the Moxi remote into it and I don't want to have to constantly
switch between functions on the remote when channel surfing or adjusting the volume. So in short can you get regular audio out outputs on this TV. I looked on Panasonic's website and found nothing.

Thanks

John S

Senior HTF Member
Well, the vairable line out in general is going by way of the dinosaurs. Bad idea in general. I don't even think that pannel offers speakers or volume control at all does it? Line level input means just that.
Maybe I am thinking of some different Panasonic lines, I dunno.

I just can't imagine running it that way at all. When I install and/or help people, I insist on audio connections going from the source to the AVR only. I do tend to switch as much video as possible through any given AVR though.

Best of luck with keeping the TV volume control as the volume control of your AVR.

RussellTodd

Stunt Coordinator
It does have optional speakers which come at a high price and it does have a volume on the remote control per the manual I viewed online. However, with the optional speakers it simply has speaker terminals on the right and left side where you plug the speaker wires in directly. So it must have some sort of vloume control however that option may only come if you order the speakers with the monitor. I realize they way I have been running my audio is screwy but it is the only way I can work using the Moxi remote.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Russell, we're touchy about multiple threads concerning the same piece of hardware. Please continue this discussion in your other thread. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks