What's new

Panasonic TH-42PWD6UY question (1 Viewer)

ScottCarr

Second Unit
I recently purchased one of these from Dell. Luckily there is a long lead time which will provide a little timeto ensure the HT is ready. I currently have the stand and the speakers. Is there anything else I will need to start some viewing of my movies?

My Sony has 2 component, 2 s-video and 1 composite video cable inputs
will this be achievable with the panasonic?
TH-42PWD6UY 42-inch Multimedia Plasma

Thanks
Scott

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Plasmas typically have far fewer inputs than most consumer devices. You are probably looking at one Video, one s-vid, one rgbhv/component and maybe a 15 pin vga. That is all.

Regards

Darryl

Stunt Coordinator
I'm pretty sure the model you bought has 1 composite, 2 s-video, one component, and one DB-15 (PC compatible) RGB. With Panasonic plasmas all but the RGB input comes on a slot cartridge that you can swap out for other cartridges. For example, if you aren't using the s-video inputs you could take out one of the cartridges and replace it with another type of input. Look here for more info.

Darryl

Stunt Coordinator
I looked closer at that brochure I linked to. Your TV has 3 input cartridge slots, 2 of which are filled with:

a) 1 s-video and 2 composites, and
b) 1 component/HD

Plus there's the fixed RGB PC input. As I mentioned before, there's an empty slot you can use to add a new input. The choices are on page 6 of the brochure. It looks the two pre-filled slots are filled with a big two-slot-wide cartridge with all the inputs on it, so replacing any of the existing inputs means removing all existing inputs, not just half of them.

ScottCarr

Second Unit
Thank you Darryl. I might be moving down that way in the next couple of months. The company I work for ofered a job to me and I am thnking about it. I can bring the hooter wings and beer if you supply the movie.....

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks