What's new

Panasonic SC-PT470EB-K 5.1 DVD Home Cinema + lg bd550??? (1 Viewer)

kenny 1949

Auditioning
Real Name
kenny
help! i urgently need to know if i can play blu ray discs through the Panasonic SC-PT470EB-K 5.1 DVD Home Cinema set up i have IF i use the lg bd 550 blu-ray player, if so what do i need and is it possible to have the sound from the t.v (samsung 40" led hd tv) also through the system. please try not to be too complicated though,i am a bit of a novice. thanks.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Kenny:

Welcome to the HTF!

I moved your thread to the Beginner's/HTIB forum...to get you a better chance to getting an answer. Good luck!

Nethus

Auditioning
Real Name
Jordan
kenny 1949 said:
help! i urgently need to know if i can play blu ray discs through the Panasonic SC-PT470EB-K 5.1 DVD Home Cinema set up i have IF i use the lg bd 550 blu-ray player, if so what do i need and is it possible to have the sound from the t.v (samsung 40" led hd tv) also through the system. please try not to be too complicated though,i am a bit of a novice. thanks.
Yes, you can play Blu-Ray Discs with the addition of a standalone blu-ray player to your setup. However the Blu-Ray player would have to be connected to your setup through your TV as HTiB's almost always never have any HDMI inputs on them. However this will not provide Blu-Ray quality or even 5.1 audio. To do so you'd require a Blu-Ray HTiB or the remaining individual components (receiver+speakers). To receive sound from the TV (and anything connected to the TV) through your system, plug in an optical cable from the TV to the HTiB and set the HTiB source to Optical.

kenny 1949

Auditioning
Real Name
kenny
at the risk of sounding like a complete muppet,what is an htib? my thanks for your time and patience with this,sorry but i am WAY behind on modern electronics.:confused:

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
HTIB = home theater in a box. It's a way to describe a complete system that includes a receiver, dvd player, speakers and subwoofer that all come in the same box as opposed to purchasing them all seperately.

kenny 1949

Auditioning
Real Name
kenny
thanks for enlightening me!:) i think i may wait and get an all in one blu-ray theatre,looks like a lot less hassle, looking at around £180-220 ,fancy the panasonic or samsung with what i've seen.both have 1000 watts,and i like the i-pod dock on the panasonic too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks