What's new

Panasonic SC-HT95 good enough? (1 Viewer)

Gus Valladares

Auditioning
Hi!!!

I just bought my first HT, a Panasonic SC-HT95. I posted another message before, because I got a problem playing Mp3s. So, I can change it. I'm not sure if this HT is good enough.

I got a limited budget ($500-600) to buy a complete system in New York. So, I got the chance to change this Panasonic to another HT, or try a new machine (maybe mine has a problem with the MP3s).

PLEEEEEEEASE! I need your help!!!

1- The problem playing Mp3s (the sound jumps) is common with the HT? Should I burn a CD in a certain way?

2- What do you think about this HT? Is good enough?

3- I can change for another HT? Should I do it?

Please, I need your advice! I got a few days to change it! Help me because I'm new on this.

Thanks! Thank you very much!

Gustavo

Ken Shiring

Agent
Gus, I don't know how much I can help you, since I don't own any of the stuff you are having problems with. One quick word of advice also : please don't start multiple threads with the same question. It is considered bad netiquette, especially since you posted them within a few hours of each other. :b People are more likely to help you if you keep it to one thread.
That being said, I will try and answer your questions.
MP3 : You need to be more specific when you say "jumps". I can't figure out what you mean by that. You mean changes in volume? Changes in volume are common between different MP3s. It is very normal to have different recording volumes between MP3 tracks, depending on who encoded them and what program was used. However, the volume should not change during a track, if it does, that is probably a problem with your player.
Sound : Unfortunately, no one here can help you answer that question. You are the only person who can say what quality is 'good enough'. I can't find any reviews of this system on the 'net either.
I would reccomend to you that you do a search on the word HTIB on this forum. There are many other systems with a price tag under $500 to choose from, if you want to look at a different system. It would also help you to read the Primer on this site as well.
Good luck.

Gus Valladares

Auditioning
Hi Ken,

Sorry about the multiple thread. I tried to explain my problem in a better way with this message. But, again, I apologize.

The "jumps" are in the same song. Is not about the volume, is seems that the player "jump" (skip) 1/2 second (or more)of the song, several times (15-30) during the playback.

I don't know if this is normal, if this happens with certain bit rates (I could'nt find a parameter)or not.

I'm very disappointed, and a little bit anxious because I have to decide if I will keep this HT or not.

Thanks

Gus

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
It sounds like your player is having trouble reading your disc. Try burning at a slower speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks