What's new

Panasonic SC-HT900 Problems (1 Viewer)

adney

Auditioning
Real Name
adney
I am having a frustrating problem with my surround sound system which may have a solution as easy as pressing a button on the remote, but I sure can't figure it out.

First, let me explain my set up (which isn't mindblowing).

I have an approximately 4-year old Panasonic SA-HT900 surround sound system with an integrated 5-disc DVD player receiver. This is obviously an out-of-the-box system, but it has worked well since I hooked it up. I have a 50-inch Vizio Plasma, a digital cable receiver, and a Xbox 360 hooked into it.

I use 3 remotes to operate the system (yes, I know I should probably integrate them into 1 universal remote, but I haven't had the real need to). I use the TV remote to turn the TV on/off, and select the AV setting (HDMI, Component 1 & 2 etc.). I use the cable receiver remote to select channels and related functions. And I use the surround sound remote to turn the volume up and down, operate the radio tuner and operate the DVD/CD player.

Now to the problem.......

When I turned the system off last night, it was working perfectly. It was not turned on again until this evening. At that time, we discovered that the audio from neither TV nor the Xbox would play through the surround sound system. The radio and the DVD player, both of which are integrated into the surround sound receiver, operate perfectly, both video through the TV and audio through the surround sound system.

Several of the clocks on various appliances were flashing we got home, so apparently there was a power outage at some point during the day. I cut the power to all ofthe components hoping that the culprit would reset itself or something, but no luck.

ANY advice or suggestions that anyone can offer would be GREATLY appreciated.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I couldn't find a downloadable owners manual on the Panasonic site (I thought all manufacturers did that these days; one strike for Panasonic), but is there a fuse or reset button you could check?

It sounds like power surge damage. But it does seem strange that an input source circuit would take a hit without affecting the other components (XBox or TV). Do you have another input you could try, say Aux or CD?

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Have you tried unplugging it for a few minutes, and plugging it back in? Actually UNPLUG from the wall, and don't just turn the on/off button on a surge protector.

Another option is to try resetting it to the factory settings, like it was when you took it out of the box. It should tell you how in the owner's manual, usually in the troubleshooting area. After doing that, if it works then, you'll need to reset the settings you had personally made. Maybe others will have more suggestions................
Good luck! :)

adney

Auditioning
Real Name
adney
Thanks for the suggestions. We did try to unplug it from the wall, but no luck.

Again, the problem appears to be something between the TV and the SS receiver. I unplugged the AV cable between the TV and the SS receiver to see if the Xbox was alright. It played fine. The TV also plays fine.

The SS system itself plays fine. If I play a DVD in it, it plays fine through the SS system.

There is some problem B/w the TV and the SS system. I tried a new cable to no avail.

Very frustrating!!

damanflint

Auditioning
Real Name
Marlon
I assume since you have digital surround sound, you're using a digital TOS cable. Did you try Shift+Aux/Digital?

toni wallace

Auditioning
Real Name
e.m.wallace
this is what i did, take the tv off tv and go through the possible things till tv comes back around, next turn the volume right down and slowly turn it up till surround sound kicks back in. hope it helps

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WavyJawn
Recent bookmarks