What's new

Panasonic SA-XR45 (1 Viewer)

Chris_Tara

Auditioning
Does anyone own this receiver? What are your opinions on it. I am mostly looking to have a solid receiver to power 2 tower speakers in stereo for now, but later I will be upgrading to 5.1. Would this be a good buy?

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
I've heard that Panisonic unit and i'll say it did sound impressive but I don't trust Panasonic after my last reciever from them blew out within 6 months. I like my HK AVR-225 just fine.

dusty

Agent
I can second that. Stay away from Panasonic receivers. They arent built to last. My Panasonic was from a HTIB kit, but it still should have lasted more than 2 years IMHO. I just picked up the Onkyo TX-SR501, and am very pleased. It was $299 from Crutchfield, with free shipping to boot. Its not as sleek looking as the Panasonic receiver, but I bet it will last longer.

BruceD

Screenwriter
I've had my Panasonic SHAC500D prepro ($200) for more than 5 years now with absolutley no problems. I don't think Pany is any more problematic that any other vendor.

Plus the XR45 is getting great reviews from many quarters, including high-end speaker designers (Newform).

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
There's an on-going thread at audiocircle.com (10 pages by now) on the SA-XR25/45. Apparently, the XR45 can do "tri-amping". Have all sorts of links to power cable upgrades (the power cable on Panasonic/Technics are detachable) and details to the Texas Instrument digital amps inside the receivers.

Gabe Moran

Auditioning
I just purchased the XR45 and installed it with Onkyo 6-1 speaker system package and it sounds great both for my stereo needs and surround sound. I have no resevations regarding Panasonic equipment at all. My only disappointment is with their remote.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks