What's new

Panasonic SA-XR25 for under $140 at Circuit City! (1 Viewer)

GraysonAng

Stunt Coordinator
Someone on avsforum posted that they bought the Panasonic SA-XR25S for under $140 at Circuit City.

I called the ones in my area and only an open box was left for $129.99 so I took it. These models are discontinued,..the MSRP is $299.99.

These receivers are getting rave reviews on avsforum, audiocircle, and audioasylum because they are fully digital and produce amazing sound.

Check your Circuit City!

BarbaraN

Grip
Sear's is doing a clearance on this. I bought one new in box for about 135 and then took off another 10 with a coupon. They are also clearing out Yamahas such as the 5650 and 5660. The Sear's I went to had no more Yamahas. If I could find a 5650 or 5660 would that be a better choice than the Panasonic?

David Judah

Screenwriter
Yes, there are some amazing deals. I, too, have read the threads that you were referring to, so I wanted to see what this hype was all about. I found a floor display XR25 at Sears and they sold it to me for under $100. The only bad thing was that the remote didn't work, but it was such a killer deal, I still bought it.

I haven't had time to mess around with it much, but using a digital in from my Panasonic RP-91 with some DTS CDs, I must say that I'm very impressed and I haven't even been able to change from the factory defaults. It was much smoother in the upper frequencies than I expected, since some reported some harshness in the treble. I haven't noticed it in my setup with B&W speakers(which tend to lean a little foward of neutral).

I was using a Pioneer 45TX and a Sunfire Cinema Grand amp, but I'll be damned if this little Panny doesn't stack up pretty well so far against that combo. I haven't really cranked it yet, so I haven't pushed the digital amps, where I assume I'll start to notice the difference between it and my 200 wpc Sunfire.

I need to run some analog through it, change some things in the menu, and listen to alot more material, but so far I'd say Panasonic, who's not known for audio quality, really did something right with these little units.

I'm completely amazed, especially at the low price these units are going for.

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks