What's new

Panasonic SA-HE200S & Paradigm Studio 80 (1 Viewer)

Dave Ma

Stunt Coordinator
Why consider such a crappy receiver for such incredible sounding speakers?:frowning: Forget about it:thumbsdown:

DanielM

Stunt Coordinator
actually its a damn good receiver for the$$$ and yes it has enough juice for the paradigm

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
130wpc @1kHz. Note too that the 100wpc 20-20K is listed at 6ohms, which means that it will most likely drop some at 8 ohms.

It would have to put out a true 100wpc in stereo, 20-20K, for it to adequately drive the 80s, IMO. Certainly would not be on my short list of receivers to power these speakers.

Serge Ch

Agent
Thank you guys. All this very helpful.

Actualy evryone who experienced Panasonic SA-HE200S says the sound is very nice and clean. Has most of the features I need and it's cheap - $320. Cheap just as Paradigm Studio 80 :).
I mean thouse speakers don't sound cheap, they sound like $5000 speakers. I mean it's a great value, just as SA-HE200S (so I think).

here is another description of SA-HE200S:
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...o&i=133SAHE2HS

But I would appreciate, if anyone would reccomend me better then SA-HE200S receiver at up to $600, with features I need:

1. Plenty of power for Paradigm Studio 80
2. All channel stereo mode (party mode)
3. Midnight mode (Dynamic Range Compression)
4. 5.1 discrete analog input for hi-rez audio (better 2 sets of 5.1inputs for SACD and DVD-A players)
5. Silver case (all my separates are silver)

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
[/b].
The HE100 is spec'd at 100wpc and achieved a very respectable 78wpc in Sound & Vision's five-channels-driven test.

I currently have an HE200 at home and I can tell you that it does indeed have balls *and* decent sound quality.

Nick Cerretti

Stunt Coordinator
In a decent sized room, I don't think there is a receiver under a thousand that could follow power the Studio 80s. If they're anything like the 100s, they need some juice.

Still, with the money saved on the Panny, a nice 2 or 3 channel amp may be in order (the Panny could very much be enough for you; it should do something like 75 wpc).

And I think you got the right idea down. More money on speakers, less on receiver.

Greg Mc

Auditioning
I just recently purchased the SA_HE200K. I am very happy with the sound quality for both music and Home Theater duty.

I am not familiar enough with the Paradigm Studio 80, but looking at the specs on their website they look impressive.

I think you will not have any problems for power.

I currently run my Klipsch KG4's as front speakers,Axioms for center and Rear surrounds, in the HT setup with no problem. No clipping or overloads. That is with some good exercising of the equipment. :)

My only problem/complaint was it was a pain in the @%$ to figure out the initial setup. Now I can make adjustments in seconds.

I paid $349 + tax. At this price you cannot go wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks