Panasonic SA-HE200S & Paradigm Studio 80

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Serge Ch, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Serge Ch

Serge Ch Agent

2. Dave Ma

Dave Ma Stunt Coordinator

Why consider such a crappy receiver for such incredible sounding speakers?[​IMG] Forget about it[​IMG]

3. DanielM

DanielM Stunt Coordinator

actually its a damn good receiver for the$$$ and yes it has enough juice for the paradigm

4. David G Greene

David G Greene Stunt Coordinator

The underrated Panasonic SA-HE200S has a very powerful amp. It should be find.

[​IMG]

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    130wpc @1kHz. Note too that the 100wpc 20-20K is listed at 6ohms, which means that it will most likely drop some at 8 ohms.

It would have to put out a true 100wpc in stereo, 20-20K, for it to adequately drive the 80s, IMO. Certainly would not be on my short list of receivers to power these speakers.

6. Serge Ch

Serge Ch Agent

Thank you guys. All this very helpful.

Actualy evryone who experienced Panasonic SA-HE200S says the sound is very nice and clean. Has most of the features I need and it's cheap - $320. Cheap just as Paradigm Studio 80 :).
    I mean thouse speakers don't sound cheap, they sound like $5000 speakers. I mean it's a great value, just as SA-HE200S (so I think).

here is another description of SA-HE200S:
    http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...o&i=133SAHE2HS

But I would appreciate, if anyone would reccomend me better then SA-HE200S receiver at up to $600, with features I need:

1. Plenty of power for Paradigm Studio 80
    2. All channel stereo mode (party mode)
    3. Midnight mode (Dynamic Range Compression)
    4. 5.1 discrete analog input for hi-rez audio (better 2 sets of 5.1inputs for SACD and DVD-A players)
    5. Silver case (all my separates are silver)

7. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

8. Nick Cerretti

Nick Cerretti Stunt Coordinator

In a decent sized room, I don't think there is a receiver under a thousand that could follow power the Studio 80s. If they're anything like the 100s, they need some juice.

Still, with the money saved on the Panny, a nice 2 or 3 channel amp may be in order (the Panny could very much be enough for you; it should do something like 75 wpc).

And I think you got the right idea down. More money on speakers, less on receiver.

9. Greg Mc

Greg Mc Auditioning

I just recently purchased the SA_HE200K. I am very happy with the sound quality for both music and Home Theater duty.

I am not familiar enough with the Paradigm Studio 80, but looking at the specs on their website they look impressive.

I think you will not have any problems for power.

I currently run my Klipsch KG4's as front speakers,Axioms for center and Rear surrounds, in the HT setup with no problem. No clipping or overloads. That is with some good exercising of the equipment. [​IMG]

My only problem/complaint was it was a pain in the @%$ to figure out the initial setup. Now I can make adjustments in seconds.

I paid $349 + tax. At this price you cannot go wrong.