What's new

Panasonic SA-HE200 Questions (1 Viewer)

Jon_Liu

Stunt Coordinator
Well, after much consideration on receivers in the price-rage of the HE200, I finally took the plunge. Everything is wonderful and great so far, however I AM having a few problems that maybe just something else other than the receiver. First, For some dts-es movies ie. The Haunting, it doesn't properly flag it for some odd reason. Other DTS-ES movies that are flagged properly are Gladiator, Rush Hour 2, Terminator 2. I also find the same problem with Dolby Digital EX. It happens that all of the DD-EX movies I have, ie. Starwars Ep I, don't show up correctly. Not only that, when I try to do the THX optimode in/out of phase test with the surround L/R and surround back, when it goes out of phase and is supposed to be heard in the L/R speakers, the sound cuts out almost completely. Still audible, but barely. I am not sure whether it is my speaker wires that is the problem, or if it is the receiver. I am pretty sure that it isn't my speakers, they have enough power to handle the receiver. I am just curious to know if it is the receiver that I should replace or something else. Anyway, let me know what your experiences, opinions, or ideas on the matter are! Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Jon

DanielM

Stunt Coordinator
as far as the software I dont have any of those dvds but Some software is probably not flagged correctly...as far as the in phase out of phase you do know that out of phase speakers produce a diffuse sound that COULD be perceived as a lowering of volume..with that said check all wiring and connections..

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Jon, if you don't mind me asking what did you pay for the 200 & where did you get it?

Jon_Liu

Stunt Coordinator
If I am not mistaken, I got it for 500, but I am fairly sure you can find it for less. I bought it cause it was convenient at a local Circuit City.

BrianHo

Agent
I also have the SAHE-200. I don't think mine will flag Rush Hour 2 as DTS-ES. I can't even select 6.1 under the sound options because i get no sound. But when i select 5.1 it has sound. Does it do it with yours?

Brian

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Jon, do you have a center rear speaker in your setup? An out-of-phase test in the surrounds, with 'Enhanced Surround' enabled, should send nearly all the sound to the rear center speaker. Try the test with 'Enhanced Surround' off.

AaronJB

Second Unit
Odd - my SAHE100 reads the Haunting DTS-ES flag correctly.

the SAHE200 is available at jandr.com for $349, the last time I looked.

BrianHo

Agent
Well i got the optical cable and everything works awsome now. 6.1 now even works on Rush Hour 2. Thanks for the help.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks