What's new

Panasonic RV-32 DVD Personal Review (1 Viewer)

David B O

Auditioning
I snagged one of these at BB for $149.99 - A lot of Gift Cards.

It's basically the same as the 31...really awesome picture on my Akai 27 inch Flat Screen. The sound is excellent through a Denon 1602, NSP-1, and PB-12.

It now allows for long file names on MP3's...no ID3 tags though. There also isn't and random play modes. You can store MP3s in directories as well.

It plays burned VCDs, but to play burned SVCDs, you need to use the same trick as on the RV-31.

I don't have anyother medias to test and I haven't tested the WMA playability.

Overall an excellent deal for the price.

David B O

Auditioning
One more thing...a lot of people think the RV-32 is a stripped down model because the MSRP is less than the RV-31...from what I've seen so far the RV-32 is just as good.

Darren Pillans

Second Unit
Could you possibly post a scan of your RV32 remote?

I'm just about to buy a 31, amd being in Australia I don't have access to the 32 yet.

I really like the 31's remote and the 32 appears to have a less user friendly one. The picture on the Panasonic site is so small I can't quite tell.

Also, does the US model output a PAL signal?

Any more observations between the two players?

Thanks.

David B O

Auditioning
Sorry...I don't have a scanner.

The remote has the basic same layout as the 31...but the square shape isn't the greatest. There is an indention underneth the remote that your fingers can fit into which makes it a little more confortable to hold. The RV-31 remote is superior in feel though.

I don't think the US model will do PAL natively.

The only major difference I can find btw the two is that the RV-31 has a better remote and the RV-32 has a better audio convertor.

They are basically the same.

Darren Pillans

Second Unit
David,

Could you please do this for me?

Scroll through your player's menu screens to see if there's a color selection mode.

The Australian RV31 model has an (AUTO, PAL 60 or NTSC) select option.

If your player doesn't have such a menu, I'll just get an RV31 here.

I'd rather get the US model, as only the silver models (YUCK!) are released here.

Thanks in advance.

David B O

Auditioning
Darren...just saw your message...I'll give it a try tonight when I get home and I'll post what I find.

Jeff Koch

Stunt Coordinator
David,
WARNING!
I'm getting sound drop outs with this player when I play regular commercially available CDs. I back scan and replay the section where the drop out was heard and it plays fine so it's not the discs. I've heard the problem with several discs that I know are fine. I haven't seen or heard any problem so far with dvds, in fact the picture quality is excellent. This player touts 192khz-24bit Audio DAC and I expected it to sound great, but sound drop outs---NO WAY! This may be a fluke machine but fortunately I bought it at BB and they have a 30 day return policy so it's going back.
Jeff

David B O

Auditioning
Darren---that menu doesn't exist on the American units...it even says so in the manual.

Jeff--hmmm, I haven't played very many CDs on it...it took all the DVDs and MP3 disks I could throw at it.

I'll give it the work over with my CD collection later in the week and I'll post the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks