Panasonic RP91 won't pause Austin Powers Goldmember

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by George Burkhart, Jan 23, 2003.

1. George Burkhart

Hello All,

While watching Austin Powers Goldmember, pressing pause on the remote or the unit (Pansonic RP91) won't work. I get an icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen. A picture of a DVD I think. Everything else works fine (Fast Forward, Rewind, Chapter Skip, etc.) I put in a different DVD and the pause worked fine. Anybody else out there have the same problem? Could those with the Panasonic RP91 (or any player) give it a try and let me know if the same thing happens. Thanks for your help.

George

2. Brajesh Upadhyay

Brajesh Upadhyay Supporting Actor

Yes, this is a known issue with the RP91, RP82, CP72 & maybe most other Panny DVD players. Panny blamed New Line for improper authoring of the DVD, while New Line blamed Panny's DVD players.

3. Dan M

Dan M Second Unit

actually, it will pause on the RP91. It just won't pause where the Infinifilm features appear during the movie

4. George Burkhart

Thanks for your responses. I'll try to contact Panasonic and New Line about this and see what they say (Besides blaming each other).

5. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Cinematographer

That icon is the "no can do" icon- circle with a line through it.

My Denon DVD-2500 (Panasonic A120 based) won't pause it, either.

6. MarcVH

MarcVH Second Unit

For what it's worth, my Panny RV-30 won't pause it either, and fast fwd/rewind are tempermental. Good thing it was just a rental and I don't really want to watch it again anyway.

One wonders what a truly malicious DVD could do. I've heard reports of DVDs that disable the "stop" button...

7. Colin-H

Colin-H Second Unit