Panasonic RP91 problems, help!!

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Manuel, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Manuel

Manuel Stunt Coordinator

I have had it for almost 2 years now. I though everything was working fine. Yesterday I switched discs on the player and after the tray went in the power turned off. I unplugged the player and after a few minutes plugged it back on. The player turned on after I pressed the power button. It then tried to read the disc and it shut itself off again. I pressed the power button but it would not come on. I then unplugged the player, waited a few minutes and tried power again and it did turn on. Immediately I opened the tray, switched discs and the player once again shut itself off. I went through the whole process over again. This time, I let it sit overnight to see if it would correct itself but it would not. Anyone know what is wron or what I can do?

Thanks

2. Jose T

Jose T Stunt Coordinator

I would get a hold of Panny customer service and some input. You may want to try and reset the unit. Try a search on this site or others for the how to's. I've had mine for the lst year and no problems. Good luck.

3. Manuel

Manuel Stunt Coordinator

I reset it but it still does not work. Anything else??

4. Jose T

Jose T Stunt Coordinator

It sounds like you have no choice but to get another player or consider get the same model. They have dropped down in price big time, if you can find one. Try pricegrabber.com to search. Good luck

5. Vlad D

Vlad D Screenwriter

Vladimir Derenoncourt
    Manuel,

The same exact thing happened to my RP91 yesterday. The minute I put in a disc in powers off and won't turn back on. I have to pull the plug for a few minutes to reset it. I also had mine for about 2 years, and it never gave me any problems prior to this. I'm going to call customer service in the morning.