1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Panasonic RP91 problem...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jon petitjean, Sep 5, 2001.

1. jon petitjean

jon petitjean Auditioning

I just received this player about 4 days ago and noticed from what I have read here, a new problem. Whenever I put in a DVD with a 4:3 ratio, and if the player is in auto mode for upscaling, I see red dots all over the left half of the screen. I have a Toshiba 65" 16x9 set and would normally use the 4:3 mode on the set before I got the RP91.
    I have searched over this forum and a few other on the net and have not seen this problem come up with anyone else. One thing to note is the manufacturing date on the player. It has a date of June 2001. It does not have the pink screen problem others have had, but it still has the screen shift problem that is easy to fix.
    As far as I can tell, I have everything set up properly. I am using component cables with the progessive setting on. I have the TV settings to 16:9 projection, and have been using C mode and auto 2 for viewing.
    Any suggestions? I will probably have to return it to Ecost for a replacement but I was going to try to avoid it if I can.
    Thanks

2. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

^
    ------------------

3. Gruson

Gruson Second Unit

Sorry to hear that man. It seems like people are having more and more problems with this player.
    What other players would be great for non-enhanced DVDs (have the same feature as the RP91) ?
    Thanks.