What's new

Panasonic RP91 or RP62? (1 Viewer)

Rick Pay

Stunt Coordinator
Big price difference on these 2 progressive scan units, $300.00 difference. Will the RP62 be sufficient for my new Panny PT47wx49? What is the main difference between these 2 units that a newbie would notice?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I'm pretty sure the biggest difference is DVD-Audio...but I could be wrong.

Mike Brantley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Brantley
Does anyone know if the RP62 will play DVD-RAM discs? The RP91 will, which is why I've wanted one. I don't yet have a progressive display, but I do make DVD-RAM and DVD-R recordings with the DMR-E20.

I understand more of the decks in the Panasonic line will offer DVD-RAM playback capability. I just don't know which ones.

MitchP

Grip
Does anyone know if the RP62 will play DVD-RAM discs? The RP91 will, which is why I've wanted one. I don't yet have a progressive display, but I do make DVD-RAM and DVD-R recordings with the DMR-E20.
I saw this posted over at Avs.Forum a few weeks ago. I am also waiting for one these Panasonic dvd players to come out so I make use of them playing dvd-ram.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...panasonic+xp50

Mike Brantley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Brantley
Ron, you might be right, but I seem to recall that a Crutchfield description of the RP91's capabilities also didn't mention DVD-RAM playback. And I know that deck plays them.

I'll keep a watchful eye on the new Panasonic decks.

Chris_O

Agent
I am also interested in these two players. I have read a lot of good things about the RP-91 but I really don't want to spend $500 on a DVD player right now. I am mainly interested in progressive scan picture quality for Film based DVDs. Besides the scaling feature and DVD-A is there any reason to choose the RP-91 over the RP-62. From what I have read about the two chipsets I would think that the RP-62 would have better progressive scan picture quality? Would the RP-62 fit the bill for me? I don't care about DVD-A or auto scaling, I just want the best picture quality for film based DVD's. My TV is a mits 65-908.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrhaque-19
Recent bookmarks