What's new

Panasonic RP91 Firmware Update Help (1 Viewer)

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
Greetings:

Looking for some guidance/assistance with updating the firmware on my RP91.

I found the information/file on the AVS Forum here:

AVS Forum Panasonic Update

I asked for some assistance in the thread but didn't get any response:
------------
Guess I need some assistance with the 259.zip file.

When I check properties of the file I get:

Size: 11.4 MB (12,033,750 bytes)
Size on Disk: 11.4 MB (12,034,048 bytes)

When I attempt to open the file via Winzip I get:

Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive

When I try to extract I get:

End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not a Zip file, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part Zip file.

Thus I cannot burn the image to CD and upgrade my machine.

-------

Was hoping that someone here has done this and has some suggestions on what I might be doing wrong and how to get the disk burned so I can perform the update.

As always thanks in advance.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
You need to contact the original poster and tell him to fix the zip file, (it doesn't work).

Or, download the RAR version because that does work, though it gives you an ISO image file to work with when burning a CD for the update.

If you can't handle RAR, google on "winrar", install WinRAR because that will enable you to "un-rar" it.

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
Patrick,

Took your advice and was able to un-rar(?) the iso but still cannot get it to burn onto a CDR using Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.

Thanks for the help.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Colin,

I was unable to use Easy CD Creator 5 for the latest firmware, either (although version 4 used to work for me). I ended up downloading an evaluation copy of Nero, which worked.

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
Patrick,

Looked at the links (thanks) tried a different method but no luck so far. I was following the procedure given in the pdf for Easy CD Creator but was unsuccessful.

----------

Scott,

Tried Nero but got an error message about the iso file, can't remember what it said right off hand, but tried both options of correcting the errors and ignoring the errors and neither disc worked.

Guess ultimately it could be my RP91 not having the ability to read the discs. Will fiddle with it some more tonight and see if I can get it to work.

Thanks for the help, it is really appreciated.

LCSeminole

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Laurence
Colin, first off, the zip file is 9.07 megabytes and after it is unzipped it is 22.2 megabytes. The unzipped version is an .NRG file and only has to be double clicked on to prompt Nero to burn it. It is as simple as that. If you need either the zipped or unzipped file let me know and I can send it to you over AOL Instant Messenger or MSN Messenger.

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
Laurence,

Thanks for the offer. I have contacted Scott and he is sending me a CD with the update on it.

Gotta tell ya this gets pretty frustrating when something seemingly so simple becomes so difficult - at lease for me.

Thanks for the assist.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks