What's new

Panasonic RP91 DVD Player FAQ (1 Viewer)

DanG

Stunt Coordinator
To Mark and Arthur,
SORRY! Chris's shot had a lot of flash obscuring the panel so I did a little photomagic. Your 91 looks like my black 91.
[Edited last by DanG on August 11, 2001 at 05:51 PM]

DanG

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like it is. Your settings are correct and I am surmising since your LCD can only display 44.1,48 and 96, it takes the 88.2kHz as 96. For those of us with some Denon models, when we attempt this we get no audio at all, as the Denon can't lock onto the Re-master signal.
As for DVD-A, don't write it off, it can sound fantastic!

W

Will

I noticed onecall is out of black RP91's. Are the black
ones still hard to find? And gosh darn, onecall is
charging alot for the Panasonic players ( the RP91 is up
there ). Unless of course you ask them for a discount,
which they do give. You just have to remember to ask them
for one.
Here are the Panasonic DVD prices from onecall (undiscounted) http://ww2.onecall.com/About_00001000_6_0_0_4_0_0.htm

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I purchased my RP91 from etronics.com for $435 plus shipping. Yes, etronics.com charges WAY more for shipping (shipping, handling and insurance) than places like onecall.com but the bottom-line price still ends up less. My shipping (3-day UPS) was $39 for a grand total of $474 delivered. If I had chosen ground UPS, I would have saved another $10.
Mark
[Edited last by Mark Booth on August 13, 2001 at 10:24 AM]

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
IMHO the remaster function and it's corresponding 88.2kHz output aren't worth worrying about.
------------------
Philip Hamm
AIM: PhilBiker

Arthur Legardo

Second Unit
Real Name
ArthurL
I don't know if this is even possible, but after watching a couple of "LFE heavy" movies (Fight Club and U571) I noticed that my subwoofer was much more active with my RP91 than my Sony 500D. Was I imagining things? Was it some sort of psycho-acoustical "black magic"?
BTW, both DVD were/are connected via optical cable to the same receiver.
------------------
My DVD Collection

Jason_H

Second Unit
Heh heh...look again Dan. There are 2-channel analogue outputs back there right next to the 6-channel ones. :)

Jasen Kent

Grip
I may have missed this information somewhere else, but I have a question regarding the RP91.
Can it pass a 24/96k signal from its digital output without any compression?
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swethaJK
Recent bookmarks