What's new

Panasonic RP82 (1 Viewer)

Sean^M

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know of a source for region-free modifications at a reasonable cost, or DIY directions?

I'd also be interested in sources for SDI or DVI output modifications.

thanks in advance.
Sean

Sean^M

Stunt Coordinator
main purpose is for viewing Japanese DVDs (anime) here in the US, having lived in Korea and Japan.
Being back in the US now, it makes things a bit inconvenient.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Get a multiregion player ... aka a throwaway type unit for that material.

Malata is one such brand.

Regards

matt-f

Second Unit
Hey Sean,

Actaully I would say, get the Panasonic Service Disc #2 which is capable of making the unit region free. Panasonic Australia has been releasing those discs to people who asked for the disc for sometime but they now, no longer supply them.

If you can get your hands on one, you're in luck because that is the best solution and it's all on that service disc. No need for JVB or mod kits required.

It has already been proven that it works on the RP56, and most likely on other players with Panasonic as well.

I also happen to be a major anime fan too but mainly own R1 discs, and do have one R3 disc! Units I own, RP56/82 and A470EN(from HK, made region free).

Sean^M

Stunt Coordinator
pretty happy with the RP82 so far?

I'll have to see what I can do about that service disc. I saw some for sale, but no way am I paying over %150 for one DVD unless it comes with a cute redhead.

matt-f

Second Unit
I'm very happy with my RP--82 because it's been well taken care of and the video is excellent.

About what you ment for you saw some for sale. You ment you actaully seen the service disc #2? I wonder how much it costs. I'm willing to pay for it.

Sean^M

Stunt Coordinator
yeah I was doing a google search for RP82 mods and saw some overseas site selling service CDs for Panasonics, and a few others.. Pioneer I think but they were outrageously priced.
I didn't happen to bookmark them.. sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks