Panasonic rp82 ???? in stock ???? who ??????

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ralph Bru, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Ralph Bru

Ralph Bru Stunt Coordinator

I cant find this anywhere online instock.......

2. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    Crutchfield had them in stock last Friday the 13th (I ordered one), but now the RP82 isn't even *listed* on their website any longer.

3. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    There's something strange going on with this player and the availablility. It has been out of stock as several places and now some retailers are saying it's discontinued. About half say it is discontinued and half say they are just back ordered. What's going on with this thing? Is there really a replacement so soon?

I would love to get an RP93??? Anyone going to CES please check out panasonic and their DVD plans for this player.

4. Dan Joy

Dan Joy Supporting Actor

Guys, I just purchased the RP82 today at Ultimate Electronics for $189.00. My trusted salesman said the unit is discontinued and will be replaced. He has been reliable in the past and I have never had a reason to doubt him. This was the only B&M place in Tulsa that I found that even carried the item much less had it in stock.

5. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    That's a screamin' deal Dan! I paid $229 at Crutchfield, only because I literally could not find it anywhere else. All online retailers I checked (a dozen or so) were out of stock and I have no local B&Ms that carry it. Now it seems I lucked out and got one of the last few if it is ineed being discontinued.

6. David Lorenzo

David Lorenzo Stunt Coordinator

I'm going to CES. I'll be sure to check out Panny's plans on future players. I'll also check out Toshiba's new 1080p RPTV [​IMG] .