What's new

Panasonic RP62 giving no surround sound (1 Viewer)

William_K_F

Agent
Hello,

I was playing the Avia DVD and notice some strange problems running the digital output into my Pioneer Elite VX-45TX. What I observe is that sound is only coming out of the left front, right front, and subwoofer speakers. Nothing is coming out of the center channel nor the left and right surround. This does not happen when I put the Dish receiver on which also has a digital out. With Dish, I get all the speakers working. Also, in the receiver's setup, I get output in all the channels showing they are hooked up correctly out of the receiver.

Is there some setting on my Panasonic RP62 to enable surround sound? I see the problem also putting in the Matrix DVD.

I have the manual and the only setting like that would seem to apply is the "Dolby Digital" and "DTS Digital Surround", I have chosen "bitstream" and not "PCM" or "off" for both Dolby and DTS.

Perhaps it is just a defective unit? I have searched the manual several times to no avail.

Thanks.

-William

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Go into your setup menu and turn Dolby Digital to bitstream and DTS to bitstream. That should do the trick.

William_K_F

Agent
I've resolved this issue. I needed to change the receiver's settings, not the DVD player's. The receiver has different settings that are persistent for each input, hence the Dish worked fine by DVD didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.