What's new

Panasonic RP62 error code H07? (1 Viewer)

MikeLang

Auditioning
HI all,

I have a 6-month old Panasonic RP62. Today while playing a movie and all a sudden it stopped and displayed 'H07' on the LED display. Everything else is fine (open/close, turn on/off) but as soon as I pressed PLAY, it displayed "reading disc..." but then just stopped with 'H07'. I would appreciate if anybody could tell me what it is. I looked at Panasonic's warranty and it's only covered for 90 days labor and 1 year parts so I'll probably won't send it back if I couldn't fix it myself.

THank you for your help.

-Mike-

Jim J

Second Unit
Damn
I've got the same problem, same vintage, only a CP72.

What happens is the disc doesn't want to spin. If I open the case and give it a nudge it will start spinning.

I hope there is an explanation for this.

MikeLang

Auditioning
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply. I found the same thing:

Since I couldn't find out what 'H07' is after searching thru the web, I opened up the case and found that the motor for the DVD disc didn't move after I pressed PLAY. So 'H07' must be "motor not moving" or something like that. I blew around the motor with compressed air and manually spinning it around, now it works fine and H07 didn't show up anymore.

-Mike-

MikeLang

Auditioning
I guess I spoke too soon. After playing about 2 movies, it stopped again with the same error code H07. Now I need to get rid of this piece of junk. Any recommendation for a comparable one (not Panasonic)?
Thanks for any help.

-Mike-

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
If its only 6mths old then its still under warranty. Take it in to get fixed after contacting Panasonic to see if they will cover labour.

Kevin

MikeLang

Auditioning
Hi all,

Athough my piece of junk rp62 is only 6 months old but it already passed their ridiculous 90 days labor warranty and I'll probably be charged something like "minimum 2 hours labor at $75 an hour" just to have it checked out...

I've emailed their customer service but never got any answer.
I'm going to call them again to see what they say. I'll see if they can ship me the parts and I'll put in myself (probably not).

-Mike-

Jack_TN

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,

Have you looked at Link Removed

You might be able to order parts. It looks like a motor is almost $60, though.

Jack

Jim J

Second Unit
I brought mine in for service. Parts will of course be covered. The place near me charges flat $65 for labor.

I should have a diagnosis next week. I'll keep you guys posted.

Mike_A

Stunt Coordinator
i'm having this exact problem on my rp62 that i bought used...it should be in the 1 year warranty period since the manufacture date is july 2002.

i wonder if we can get panasonic to give us the parts under warranty and let us do the labor ourselves? if not, let's see if we can figure out what part is the problem and hopefully order it at a reasonable price from the site linked above...

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
You might want to avoid mentioning that you opened the case - they'll void whatever warranty you have remaining. I learned the hard way.

Just a suggestion.

-Reagan

Jim J

Second Unit
According the CS operator, they ordered a 'Pick-up assembly' and a 'spindle motor' should be in this week.

more to follow...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks