What's new

Panasonic rp62 aspect ratio auto-sense? (1 Viewer)

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
I have a Panasonic RP62 and I just got a 16:9 TV (and therefore set the DVD player to 16:9). I've noticed that when I put a widescreen movie in, it often says "The software has a 4:3 aspect ratio". Now, I know this is not the case, because I put my plama screen on "Full" and it either fills the whole screen or has the small black bars for 2.35:1. There is no stretch or visible distortion, and the picture looks great. I know for sure that this happened with Daredevil and Attack of the Clones but I've seen it with others too. Is this a bug with the auto-sense? Any info would be appreciated.

Chris

greg_t

Screenwriter
It is not a bug. You'll see this alot because many times the menus and such are non-anamaphoric, which technically means that it is 4x3 or 4x3 letterbox, and not anamaphoric (16x9). The movies you mentioned above are indeed anamaphorically enchanced and play fine. all that message means is that whatever is on screen at that time is non-anamaphoric, alot of times the Fox logo's and some menus will trigger that. Sometimes dvd extras are not anamaphoric, and will trigger the message.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks