Panasonic RP56

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by George Monroy, Jan 21, 2003.

1. George Monroy

George Monroy Stunt Coordinator

I was wondering if you guys can help me out. I have my DVD player sending the s-video signal to a swtich box which then goes to my sony receiver and then out to the tv. Whenever I play a DVD that has lightning flashes or any other kind of flashes the screen kinda like flashes on and off and then I get a no signal on my tv for a split second. This never happens when i play my xbox and it flashes in a game. Nor does it happen on my gamecube or my dreamcast which all go through the same s-videa switch. Is something wrong with my DVD player?

2. Larry Schneider

Larry Schneider Second Unit

I'm no expert, but I think it's a problem with your TV - it's not capable of handling the sudden brightness. Is it an older model?

3. Brae

Brae Supporting Actor

I would consider the video bandwidth of the switching device, then the video bandwidth of you receiver. Has you tried to eliminate both the switcher and receiver from the video signal path and see if the problem continues (which would test Larry's conclusion) its the display device.

4. George Monroy

I actually saw it happen on another device last night. i was playing on my Xbox and it happened. I have an old 31 inch GE tv. It is time to get a new one I suppose. I am just not sure what HDTV to buy. I want a tube I know that much.

5. Jose T

Jose T Stunt Coordinator

Its your display device. Do a search for the various sets out there from RPTV to analog direct view. Good time of year to get tv but checking out these forums will assit you in getting informed.

6. George Monroy

What is analog direct view?

7. Andrew W

Andrew W Supporting Actor