Panasonic RP56 Questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Heebner, Aug 17, 2001.

1. Matt Heebner

Matt Heebner Stunt Coordinator

Jul 2, 2000
    I was wondering if anyone has used this player yet? I have a $200 credit at a local A/V store, and I am trying to decide on a progressive scan DVD player. The best ones they have in a $200 to $350 price range are the Panasonic RP56, a Sony NP700 (?), and a new one from Samsung (don't know the model number).
    I would really like to stay in this budget with the credit, and the only one I dont know anything about is the Panasonic. I was kind of waiting for the new Toshibas, but surprise...they have been delayed AGAIN til end of October.
    Anyone care to shed a little light?
    ....Eat, Drink, and Be Merry, For Tomorrow We Die....--DMB
  2. donovan_chin

donovan_chin Stunt Coordinator

Aug 6, 2001
    Matt... I have not used the RP56 but I have gone through my share of DVD players. I would suggest that you stay away from Samsungs. They are plagued with tracking problems especially when the player heats up. I've experienced this with the 709, M301 and the N501. I've just had my Panny RV31 for a couple of week and I can't be happier with it. The only thing is that it doesn't have coax digital out (which is something I prefer). I assume that the RP56 is as good.