What's new

Panasonic RP-91 vs. RP-61??? Help!! (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey L

Auditioning
I'm a novice so forgive me ahead of time. I got a great deal on a Panasonic RP-91 DVD, but after reading this forum I think may have wasted some money. I have a Sony KV36FV27 on layaway but am going to step down to the KV36FS13 because it has the features I want and is a little cheaper. Regardless of which of these T.V.'s I buy, the RP-61 seems to be a much better deal. Should I buy the RP-61 or stay with the RP-91?? I have not actually got any of this stuff at home yet, but the RP-91 is on the way. I can return it with no problem. JandR has the RP-61 at $270, but is out of stock at the moment. Here is my revised potential system. Thanks for helping a newbie!!
Equip List:
Sony KV36FS13 or KV36FV27 Wega T.V.
Onkyo TX-DS696 Receiver
Energy Encore Speaker System
Panasonic RP-91 or RP-61??

Eugene Hsieh

Supporting Actor
Check the other threads, but in summary (thanks guys!):
1) The RP-91 has both optical out and coax out.
2) The RP-91 will allow screen scaling in progressive mode... very useful for 4:3 movies on widescreen TVs that lock into full stretched mode when in progressive mode.
There a bunch of other feature differences, but these two were the deal makers for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks