Panasonic RP-91, help with menus

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nick V, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Nick V

Nick V Second Unit

I just purchased a demo Panny RP-91. Unfortunately, they couldn't find the remote control to go along with it (probably stolen), so they had to order a new one for me. In the meantime, I can't access the menus and I was wondering if there are any front panel button pressing configurations that could allow me to access the set-up menus. I have a pre-programmed universal remote, but I still can't access the menu with it.

It's just a long shot, but thanks for any input.

2. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Nick, your best bet is probably to try finding its remote.

Try 1-800-REMOTES (I think that's the number... sounds right to me)

3. Bryce Miner

Bryce Miner Stunt Coordinator

You would need the remote to access the menus. Looks like you'll have to wait patiently, unless you have access to someone else's remote to borrow.

4. Bill Harada

Bill Harada Stunt Coordinator

Try one of the higher-end One-for-All remotes. Specifically I mean the Cinema-6 or Cinema-7 units. I think they may be able to access the onscreen menus. The nice thing about these remotes is that you can pick one up at Walmart for under $20. and if it doesn't work just take it back.

5. Nick V

Nick V Second Unit

Does anyone with a Panny RP-91 use a relatively cheap universal remote that is able to access everything that this player has to offer??

I need to be able to access everything, and I think it will be at least a couple of weeks before I receive the remote that my dealer ordered.