What's new

Panasonic rp-82 problem.. (1 Viewer)

RonR

Stunt Coordinator
I've had this thing for a few years now and never a lick of trouble. Since yesterday it has been in 2 channel downmix. The problem is I lost the remote when I moved 2 years ago. I have looked everywhere for the remote and now maybe it will come to haunt me :) I can navigate some simple menus with my universal remote but nothing to where I can switch it out of the downmix.....any ideas?

matt-f

Second Unit
The downmix is in the setup menu of the DVD player. Flip through the tabs and you'll find it.

RonR

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah I just can't get to that menu without the remote. I am going to try and find a used Pany and see if the remote will work on this player by chance...

greg_t

Screenwriter
You can probably get a new remote from Panasonic parts as well. I do know that the Panny RP91 remote will work with the 82 as well, so does the XP30/XP50 remote. They are the same remote only the XP30/50 one is silver and the RP82 is black. The 91's is a different (and better) remote but works for the 82.

matt-f

Second Unit
Oh I see. My assumption was that the universal remote was a learning remote so the setup option would of been accessable.

If you have a friend that has a Panny unit, you could borrow theirs just for this purpose and give it back.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
If you cannot get to the setup menu, you might try to enter it with no disk in the player. Often times, the setup manu is only accessible with no disk in the player.

Also, to prevent having to buy a OEM remote, purchase a cheap One-For-ALL remote and then consult this page:
One-For-All/RS remote site

Pay particular attention to the "Advanced Codes" section. This tells you how to assign a remote command that is not generally available on a universal remote to any button on a OFA (or RS) remote. I'm sure there is a "Setup" code for your Panny there someplace. The OFA/RS remotes are pretty powerful for the price; I used one for all my theater needs for years until I recently bought a Harmony. You cannot beat them for the price.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You might also look into the Logitech Harmony remotes (mentioned above) which you can download and program codes for your gear from the web. A little more expensive, but also a very good universal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks