1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Panasonic RP-82 Audio Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John*S, Dec 21, 2002.

1. John*S

John*S Agent

Is there way to tell the RP-82 to play CDs through the analog rather than the digital outputs? I'm stumped. My
    RP-82 connects to an Integra 7.1. Though I have the analog cables connected to the DVD input as well as the digital coax, the analog inputs are not recognized.

It just occurred to me, perhaps if I connect the analog cables to the Integra CD input? I'll give that a try. Meanwhile, any advice would be appreciated.

2. MartyK

MartyK Agent

John,

Connect your analog audio input through the CD input on the receive and select "CD" on the receiver.

Marty

3. Mark LP

Mark LP Agent

John,

You may have one other alternative.
    If the rp-82 outs hot to all jacks(digital and analog) all the time, then connect both an optical jack as well as the two cables for analog left and right channel. The analog should run into the receiver at the multi channel input. I have an 8.2 receiver, so this part is a little different for me. My remote has an audio selector button. This allows me to choose between digital or analog audio. You may have a similar button on your remote or it may be on the face of the receiver. In effect what you are doing is choosing between the use of the dacs in the player or the receiver. Hope this helps.

Mark