What's new

Panasonic Receiver + Fluance Speakers? (1 Viewer)

AlexR

Auditioning
Hello everyone,

My name is Alex. I'm *very* new to home theater but I've been reading this forum and I see that there is a lot of knowledgeable people in here that knows their stuff. I'm moving to a new apartment soon and I wanted to build a cheap and powerful system that would deliver the best deal for my buck.

I've already bought my speakers... I went for cheap brands but somehow, I heard they were pretty good (worth quality over the price). But now, I'm looking for a receiver that will make my speakers do the job... but since I read all those specs and I'm not all sure what is best, what they all mean, I thought maybe some experts might be able to help me out.

My Speakers:

I've bought the Fluance™ Surround Sound Home Theater 5 Speaker System AV-HTB kit that can be found at triple W's dot fluance dot com.

------------

The Receiver I'm aiming for:

Since I don't know much but I compare the specs of my speakers with what the receiver can do, I thought this one would be good for the price:

SA-HE100K - Home Theater Receiver with Built-in Dolby Digital/DTS-ES Decoder

Web site for info: hxxp://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ModelDetail?displayTab=F&storeId=11251&catalogId=11005&itemId=63393&catGroupId=11135&modelNo=SA-HE100K&surfModel=SA-HE100K

On the Panasonic Web site, it says 299$ US but I found it at Sears for cheaper than that and this is why I'm interested.

It does 6.1 even though I don't need it but looked at the inputs/outputs and looked not so bad.

Since you guys know your stuff, I was wondering if you had any comments about this, or maybe suggestions, considering that I will be in an apartment, not a house, that I've about 400$ CDN (Canadian) to spend on a receiver and I will have no subwoofer at first.

Thanks a lot for your time and long live to this HTF forum! :)

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
The HE100 is a solid choice. Very good review in Sound & Vision magazine. It's a carry-over for the 2004 model year, so it'll be around a while longer still.

AlexR

Auditioning
That's actually very good to know. I read all those review from people of this board saying that those receivers aren't good enough. I am quite surprised that this one made such a great review for its price.

Since I have low budget speakers and I want to drive them with the best receiver at its lower price, it's always good having people that know their stuff helping me out ;)

After your reply, I'll probably go for this one but let's keep the replies coming, I'd like to hear from other people too.

Thanks a lot for your time!

ClintS

Stunt Coordinator
I would recommend the recently release Panasonic SA-XR50, this is a second gen digital amplifier/receiver and they are fantastic for the price. My FIL has last years SA-XR45 and I dare say minus a few features it is all the equal of my Sony 3000ES, it definetly sounds good. Price is around $299 and is a much better value than the HE100 IMO.

Here is a link to amazon:

SA-XR50

Bill Will

Screenwriter
If you don't mind "Refurbished" electronics www.jandr.com has the step up Panasonic Receiver model SA-HE200 for $199.99 which is a very good receiver & new it sold for around $349.99 plus J&R is a good place to do business with. For pictures & specs on the 200 go to www.crutchfield.com & enter "Panasonic SA-HE200" in the box at the top & it will come up on a discontinued page. The 200 also has a much nicer remote than the 100.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks