Panasonic Q (Gamecube)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Todd H, Jan 31, 2002.

1. Todd H

Todd H Go Dawgs!

Todd
    Well, the Panasonic Q Gamecube/DVD player has finally been modded to play both U.S. games AND Region 1 DVDs. Here's one link, although I'm sure there are more stores that offer the same thing. Anybody got $500 to buy one and do a review? [​IMG]

2. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

So you can buy a GameCube that plays DVDs for $500, or a GameCube and a PS2 for $500. Doesn't make much sense to me.

3. BrianB

BrianB Producer

It's not supposed to 'make sense'. It's a hacked machine from Japan aimed squarely at collectors or the very hardcore market. It's not aimed at mainstream consumers. The people who would buy it are the people who'd buy it regardless of the price.

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I understand that, and if I had $500, I would buy it. $500 to play DVDs, CDs (I would assume), and American/Japanese GameCube games is a good deal, but if I didn't care about Japanese GameCube games (and possibly DVD region lockout), I would buy a PS2 and GameCube to get more functionality.

5. Michael St. Clair

At whatever the street price is in Japan, this is the perfect thing for a Gamecube fan with a tv that only has one set of component inputs (and there are lots of those sets).

6. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

Morgan...arguing from both sides of the coin. Your bound to be an ambulance chaser...somehow, I just see it in your future.
    I thought the Q was horribly ugly when initial pictures were released. I have since seen the thing reviewed on TechTV and have fallen in love with it. I'm really hoping for a US release...it's about the closest my wife would let me get to owning a G4 Cube. [​IMG]