Panasonic PT53wx53 Convergence not Holding

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jon_Gregory, May 24, 2005.

1. Jon_Gregory

Jon_Gregory Stunt Coordinator

Ok, About once every two to three weeks, the right side of my red convergence starts to shift and I have to go into the user convergence and fix it. I have not went into the service menu yet to do the 64 point convergence. But what could be causing this. It's not that big of a deal, but gets on my nervs every now and then. It does not get off too bad, and the only time I notice it is out of wack is when letters come up on the right side of the screen.

Any ideas?

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

How much warm up time are you giving the TV before you decide the convergence is out? Better be more than 30 minutes.

Regards

3. Jon_Gregory

Yep, I always wait at least 30 minutes before I try to correct the convergence. I have noticed that when it is first turned on sometimes, the convergence will be a little off and then after it warms up it will be fine. But I am talking after the normal warmup time. Even after a few hours of watching, I will notice that the red convergence has drifted on the right side of the TV.

4. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

Since it is under warranty ... bring them in ... but don't be surprised that you have to do it a few times ...

FIrst time ... they will just come and maybe fix convergence in the service mode ...

Then the next time after you complain again, they will take a more serious look at the board itself ...

Bummer ...

Regards

5. PeterK

PeterK Supporting Actor

My hitachi does the same thing. In my case it is my speakers/subwoofer. Tell me, does you notice the red really going out of alignment after watching a really loud bassy movie? If so, probably have your sub to close to the tv, or your speakers are not shielded. (Both are true in my case, unfortunatly I can't do anything about it.)
    And also I would reccomend that you do do the 64 pt manual convergence as you can do a much better job than the auto coverge. [​IMG]

6. Jon_Gregory

My sub is about 3 ft away from the TV. My other speakers are shielded, so that is not a problem. Is this too close? I really don't have anywhere else to put the sub at this time.