What's new

Panasonic PT52DL10 - still a good buy or am I wasting $$ ? (1 Viewer)

David.O

Auditioning
I have the opportunity to pick up a Panasonic PT52DL10 for around $2000. From what I can gather these models were great DLP's with one of the main problems being the intensity of the blacks in lower light situations. Bearing in mind the current cost of other similar sized screens this seems on paper to be a reasonable deal. The worries I have is that Panasonic don't seem to be making DLP's any more. Despite the fact that I get a warranty with it I'm afraid that I may be buying technology that is already out of date. In general I'm partial to DLP as a lower cost alternative to plasma. I'm thinking it may be better for me to save my pennies for a while longer but there is a strong temptation to replace the old Sony TV with the 52" DLP now. Comments appreciated !

David.O

Auditioning
I think I may have answered my own question. From what I can gather there is a new generation of DLP's coming out mid year so this should hopefully reduce the price of the ones that are selling now. If I'm going to spend $$ on a DLP TV I may as well wait for mid-year rather than spending money on a 2-3 year old model that has already been superseded.

Hopefully this will help someone else !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks