Panasonic PT47WX54 at Costco

Discussion in 'Displays' started by BrianAe, Apr 21, 2004.

1. BrianAe

BrianAe Second Unit

I heard that the new Panasonic PT47WX54 can be had at Costco for only 999. The price of this unit at CC and BB is around 1500. This seems like a really good deal.

Are there any opinions on this TV?

2. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Supporting Actor

Dang, for $999 is worth just buying a new one instead of getting any kind of extended warranty. Plus Costco (Price Club) has a good return policy.

Even if CC price match the price, I would still buy it at Costco.

3. MeghanA

MeghanA Extra

I picked one of these sets up about a week ago after lots of searching and comparing. Made a few minor adjustments out of the box, and haven't run the AVIA settings disc yet, but I love this tv. In case you're searching and can't find info, it appears it's actually the same as a PT47WX53, which gets lots of good feedback. I'd certainly recommend going for it.

4. oharag

oharag Extra

What's the deal with Costco? Do you have to be a member to shop there? I went on their website, but this TV is not listed. Are these in store specials, and may not be offered in all regions? Does Costco sell refurbed stuff, or this new out of the box?

Thanks
    oharag

5. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    CostCo membership required, but at a mere 45.00 for one year. The savings on DVD box sets has been significant enough for me to buy in, despite being a single guy with no reason to buy food in bulk.

Deals may be regional but the best way to check is just go to the store.

It does not sell refurbed stuff - sometimes there may be special model packaged/adjusted for the store (e.g. the Replay 60 hour unit awhile back).

If you want to learn more about the company, there was a thread awhile back referencing a Fortune Magazine article titled (paraphrased) "The Only Company Wal-Mart Fears." One of the primetime news shows followed up on that by running a story interviewing the CEO. Seems like a great company.

6. BrianAe

BrianAe Second Unit

eh well I checked a couple of the local Costcos hear in the Chicago area. No, panny to be found, no knowledge of it either.