Panasonic PT47WX51E question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Taylor, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Eric Taylor

Eric Taylor Agent

Hey anyone that has this TV can you help me out with a quick question. I recently purchased this TV and accidentally threw away the book when I threw away the box...I have a new book on order but until then can someone tell me the difference in the Full Aspect and the Just Aspect on the TV? I don't see alot of difference in them but I was wondering which is better to set the TV up for when watching DVD's. Also, is there anything I need to do to make sure I am getting everything that this TV can give? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Also, can someone either send me the codes or post them on here for a Phillips DVD player and a RCA vcr so I can program the remote to work these. Thanks again.

2. JerryIII

JerryIII Stunt Coordinator

Eric,

You should use the "full" mode when watching DVD's. Make sure that your DVD player is set up for a 16:9 display as well. The "just" mode is designed for watching 4:3 material. "Just" mode stretches the sides of 4:3 material while leaving the center unstretched. This seems to work well with news programming, but I find it rather annoying for anything else. I just use "full" mode for all my viewing. Sorry, I don't have the book at work with me to give yopu the codes. I will check back later when I have the book handy.

Jerry

3. Dwight Amato

Dwight Amato Stunt Coordinator

Eric, jerry is right, use full for DVD's and just for regular tv.
    Regarding anything to do, first is to turn down the picture and brightness to something more reasonable, around 30. There are a multitude of tweaks that can be done to the tv, making it look stunning. I did all of them, and adding up all my time it was probably around 2 hours of work. WELL WORTH IT. To read about these tweaks, check out www.panny.tv for more info.

4. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

5. Eric Taylor

Eric Taylor Agent

Hey thanks for the link John..but that doesn't have the codes in it for my remote..anyone know where I might find them? Thanks again.