What's new

Panasonic PT47WX49 Problems (1 Viewer)

AdamK

Grip
I recently purchased a Panasonic 47" PT47WX49 (too bad I didn't catch the Toshiba bargain going around) after doing some extensive research, and after personally safely lugging the monster up three flights of dual set stairs and setting things up a bit, I've come across a big problem. After about 5 minutes of turning the TV on, the color slowly fades to black and white and tooling around in the color menu does little to remedy the situation. Does anyone have the slightest clue what may be going on? I pray it's not a defective TV that has to be replaced.
Also, exactly how does one go about getting an ISF calibration (I believe it was ISF...you guys most likely know what I'm talking about) so I can improve the quality of the TV?
Thanks a lot,
------------------

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
You can find out more about ISF by doing a search here and going to www.hometheaterspot.com - a lot of ISF guys make arrangements for tours there.
As for your set, it sounds like it's broken. I've pretty much frequented most of the places you can go for this set (since I own one) and I've never heard of your problem before (i.e. a known "bug"). Sounds like something was damaged, either in transit or before it got into your hands. Get a replacement.
Also go to http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/ for more information on ISF-- I think they have an FAQ with questions like "what is ISF and do I need it?"
[Edited last by Carlo Medina on November 13, 2001 at 12:43 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks