What's new

Panasonic PT47wx42 and 1 inch white band problem. (1 Viewer)

Jael

Agent
I just purchased a progressive player to go with my set and have noticed a horizontal band of brighter display area, approximately 1" tall, just above the middle of the screen. If the image is still or panning from side to side this is essentially undetectable. When a scene pans up or down however it becomes quite noticable.

I've owned this set for less than 2 months, I've adjusted the set using AVIA, I keep my contrast below 28%, and I watch a good mix of materials. I don't suspect burn in as the cause. Beyond all the above I don't watch any fixed image materials on my set (shy of the digital cable menus) and certainly nothing that would leave such a uniform area of brightness.

I've tested the DVD player (Toshiba 4800) on another set and see none of the same problems. I've yet to notice it on cable but can't swear it's not there (if it is there it is much more subtle). I do see it from anything connected through the component cables however. I've tried multiple different component cables to eliminate those aswell.

What else would lead to this kind of display issue?

PS. I do have a tech coming on the 20th but any ideas what to try or what might be the problem in the meantime would be helpfull.

Thanks for any input!

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
I sometimes see this on vertical pans. A very slight distortion in the image. It may be power supply related. I've only noticed it a few times..

Jael

Agent
Hopefully my post won't make you notice it more;)
Power supply... I'll pass that on to the tech as a possibility.
Thanks.

Jael

Agent
Gregg,

Everything seems to be nicely squared off. The area of heightened brightness(?) does at times appear as a distortion of the image but I'm not convinced that it isn't just a trick of the eyes as the whites seem brighter within that uniform 1" horizontal band. AVIA's cross patterns seem fairly good all around although I haven't done a 64pt convergence yet (at least not a thorough one). When I look at the overscan image the whole picture is shifted up slightly and any adjustment to the VPOS seems to throw things out of proportion a bit. We're talking about only a %2 difference though so it doesn't concern me as far as viewing goes. I haven't taken stock of my geometry for a while so I'll take a look again tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks