Panasonic PT-AE900U

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Roy C., Sep 17, 2006.

1. Roy C.

Roy C. Second Unit

Is it worth $1,399 new? Just wondering...

Thanks,
    Roy C.

2. Alon Goldberg

Alon Goldberg Screenwriter

Great price Roy! The PT-AE900U was $3,199 not one year ago, but can now be found for around $1,700 (Amazon).

Panasonic has just released the new PT-AX100U ($2,999), which is the successor to the PT-AE900U, so you will see prices being discounted on the PT-AE900U.

3. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    Yes, that price appears to be good...after the $400 rebate right?

4. Roy C.

Roy C. Second Unit

Yes indeed. Costco is carrying it at that price - we all know how good they are as a store...

Thanks guys,
    Roy C.

5. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

WOW, you folks get a great price for the 900. We can't even get the rebate up here. It costs up about $2300 forthis projector and no rebate.

B

6. Glen C

Glen C Stunt Coordinator

unless you're *extremely rainbow sensitive* why not get the cheaper (and better performing) upcoming optoma HD-70 and save $400 too.

7. Robert_Z

Robert_Z Screenwriter

How do you know the optoma is "better performing" if it has not been released yet? Have you compared the two projectors side-by-side?

Personally I am a huge football fan, so for me this decision was a no-brainer. I could have waited a few weeks/months to save some money when prices drop, but in the process I would have missed watching an entire football season on a kick-ass 110-inch screen. So I bought the Panny a couple of weeks ago.

Roy C., if you have the money, I say go for it. If the next generation of projectors really will be as cheap as advertised, you can buy two -- a Panny now and an Optoma then!