What's new

Panasonic PT-AE900U or InFocus IN76 (1 Viewer)

I am torn between these two projectors. LCD vs DLP, throw distances, etc. And I live so far in the sticks that I can't preview either of them.

My room will be completely dark, 8' ceiling, 13'x24'.

Any opinions? I am buying it over the internet tomorrow morning. My budget is $3000.

Which one will blow my socks off?

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
You may also want to consider the newer Panasonic PT-AX100U, which replaces the PT-AE900U. :)

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
You really need to decide if you want LCD or DLP first. If there's nowhere to view a projector, is there anywhere you can view a DLP and LCD TV? They have different looks to them, pros and cons, and you'll find out which you prefer. I prefer a DLP projector, but that doesn't mean you will. It sounds like you need to do some more research.

Well I've been reading MANY reviews and it seems like I want a DLP for a lot of reasons. LCD's have lots of issues that are not inherent to DLP's. I think I am going to get the IN76 from Circuit City online today. They have it for $500 off right now, so it's $2500.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
The IN76 has gotten good reviews, but it's very overpriced at $2,500. Two other nice projectors that have gotten great reviews are the Optoma HD72 and Mitsubishi HC3000. They're both DLP's at about $1,500, but they have the 1280X768p resolution. That's the only thing that's keeping me from buying one of them.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Kevin:

I saw both the IN76 and Panasonic AX100 at CEDIA this year and thought out of the two that the Panasonic had a much better overall picture.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks