What's new

Panasonic PT-AE700U vs Sanyo PLV-Z3 (1 Viewer)

Jeremy*

Auditioning
Hi we are debating with these two projectors. I was wondering if any of you had any opinions on them or if you had any suggestions for different projectors.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
They're both highly rated projectors, and very popular. Did you read the reviews of them at Projectorcentral.com? I just don't like the fact that Panasonic projectors are only a 1 year warranty. Sanyo has a 3 year warranty, that's a big difference.

Jeremy*

Auditioning
Yes that is where i first heard of them. I was just wondering if anyone had experience with them and if they knew about performance or anything.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
I have seen the ae700 and it is excellent. I would not be too worried about the waranty being one year.....the thing is built like a rock. I have heard some GREAT things about the Z3 but never actually seen one. I think if I were going to try one I may give the Z3 a shot since it can be had for a bit less money....I always start out "cheep". The only knock on Sanyo is their bulbs are not rated and have been known to go out a little early. I have heard that verical banding is lees of an issue that the 700 and the picture quality is said to be better......I can't prove or disprove that though as I never seen it. If it is better than the 700 which to me looked absolutely amazing (great colors) than the Z3 must be something else. Keep in mind that the 700 has a wonderful zoom lens and lens shift on it so it can be placed just about anywhere. The Z3 has a bit more forgiving lens shift but not as good a zoom range. Check out the projector calculators and see which one would work best in your setup. Either way you go, you will be getting a great product. Good luck

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter

Precisely! I bought my 300U in 2002 and it's performing like day one. You can always pay the $150 for a 4 year warranty. I saw the 700 in demo and I started to salivate :).

Brad E

Second Unit
Can't go wrong with either one.
Having said that, I wouldn't give up my 700 for anything right now.(within reason)

It's probably the easiest and most versatile pj to setup. You can put it anywhere. It exhausts out the front, so you can place it in a bookshelf at the back of the room if you like.
I tend to be one of those people who suffer from buyers remorse. But not this time.;)

Thomas Nichols

Stunt Coordinator
I have owned the Z3 for a couple of months and I love it. HD is great. It was easy to setup and install. I would try to look at them if you can. If you live close to a HTF member, most of them would be happy to have you over for a viewing (I would think).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks