Panasonic PT-AE300 artifacts

Discussion in 'Displays' started by ChristF, Aug 17, 2004.

1. ChristF

ChristF Auditioning

I have a Panasonic PT-AE300 for one year and I really enjoy, but I have some scanline style artifact that shows up on vertical panning shots. Does somebody know how to fix that.

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

The flicker adjustment helps, but you will never completely get rid of it. It seems to be inherent in LCD technology.

Regards

3. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Yep. I see it on my L200, although its not that bad. If you go to AVS and research, you'll find info about the flicker tweak. Do the flicker tweak and then defocus.

Have you always noticed the scanline artifact? Or is it only recently that you notice it?

4. ChristF

ChristF Auditioning

I see it since I have it.

5. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

So you've always had the scanline artifact? Or has it gotten worse over time?

A combination of defocus and doing the flicker tweak is the best way to minimize it. I'm thinking of upgrading my L200 to a used L300 for now, since I want higher resolution and can't afford anything else. I'm going to post a question about the scanline artifact and the L300 vs L200 in another thread.

Did you do the flicker tweak? If you go into the service menu you will find the flicker tweak. Go through the red blue and most importantly, the green screen for your setup (either desk or ceiling) and adjust the flicker a little bit until the flicker is minimized. Also try to de-focus a little bit? How is it now?