Panasonic PT-47WX53?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Daniel*T, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Daniel*T

Daniel*T Auditioning

I'm looking to get my first widescreen, HD television, but don't have a ton of money to blow. I have the opportunity to get a Panasonic PT-47WX53 for $1,016 (which seems be about $475 less than what Best Buy/Circuit City/etc. are selling it for). So my questions are:

Does anyone have this TV? Is it a good TV? Is there something else in the $1,000 price range I should be looking at instead, or should I go for this one?

I don't mind going a bit smaller, but do want to stick with an HD, widescreen TV. Thoughts?

2. anthony_b

anthony_b Screenwriter

Go for it...that's a great price.

3. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

Ditto on the price.

A few weeks back, my brother bought one at a mom and pop store in central Mass. He paid about $1,200, which I thought was a good price at the time. The dealer threw in a Panny DVD player (F85, is it?), and a set of Monster Component cables.

At about a Kilo-buck, you have a sweet deal there. BTW, after tweaking with the S&V set-up disc, he loves it.

BGL

4. Matthew-K

Matthew-K Stunt Coordinator

Jump on it. I have the 47" panny and have found it to be a great set. Go to http://www.panny.tv for more info when you get it.