Panasonic PT-47WX42 flashing LED, now uncorrectable convergence

Discussion in 'Displays' started by JustinStreufert, Mar 11, 2004.

1. JustinStreufert

JustinStreufert Auditioning

Jul 29, 2002
    My Panasonic 47" RP HDTV had some kind of aneurysm while I was at work today; My family had been using it all day, then shut it off. After some time, my wife turned it back on -- the power LED began flashing red, and the picture tubes did not come on. It did not respond to any button presses including Power! She unplugged it, plugged it back in and powered it on again. At this point, it clicked as if it were starting normally, but the power LED immediately began to flash again and the set did not power up. One final unplugging (this time much longer) brought it back to life with no flashing.

However the red convergence is now hosed. It's wildly out of whack in the top right and bottom left corners of the screen (Fine in the middle and decent in the other corners). I did the user convergence, to no avail; it seemed to be hitting its limits and would not bring the red back in line with the other colors. I then tried a fine convergence in service mode, and it also refused to make the necessary adjustments; it kept saying "OVER" which I assume means the I am trying to exceed the maximum possible correction. Ouch.

I also checked the coarse convergence, but none of the translations available there seemed to come close to correcting the problem with the red. It's agonizing because the green and blue are so perfect!

Is my TV shot? Any help is vastly appreciated.
    Thanks very much..
  2. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.

Nov 9, 1999
    Gregg Loewen
    time to call for service,

sorry [​IMG]