Panasonic Plasmas

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Vito/D, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Vito/D

Vito/D Stunt Coordinator

I heard that Pana makes great plasmas, like the 42wd6uy. I would like anyones feed back or other recommendations.

2. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

At $2800 or so, there's really no better choice. Best in class contrast, great colors, bright, lots of input options. Seems like you're on the right track.

3. Rich H

Rich H Second Unit

Gabriel is right. Although you might want to check out the Pioneer 43" plasmas, which are "HD resolution." The Pioneer and the Plasma have their own set of strengths and weaknesses, but *you* might find the Pioneers have a picture you like better for their higher price (I like the Panasonic plasmas, myself).

Also, Fujitsu has come out with a terrific 42" plasma that's based upon the Panasonic PWD6UY (they took it and did their own thing electronicially). Some people find the Fujitsu version looks even better, but it also costs more.

Rich H.

4. Mike Boniferro

Mike Boniferro Second Unit

go with which you think looks the best, but Gabriel and Rich are dead on, the Panasonic's make a great unit so if quality in manufacturing is one of your concerns, you can be sure you're getting a great one!